- Advises the Committee on all technical aspects of diving.
- Is responsible for diving arrangements in connection with BSAC
- Prepares diving regulations for approval and publication by
- Sets the standards of training and experience and theoretical
knowledge required for the purpose of BSAC diving examinations.
- Arranges for examinations to be held and certificates of
qualification to be issued.
- Maintain a record of all Branch Dives
- Develop a more varied range of club diving
- Develop contacts between the club and other local sports
- Plan and manage at least one annual diving expedition to cater to
all levels of diver grade within the club.
Accountabilities and Working Relationships
- Appointed from nominations by the outgoing Branch Committee prior
- Reports to the Annual General Meeting on all diving/snorkelling and
- Accountable to the National Diving Officer for all diving/snorkelling
and related activities within the Branch.
- Accountable to the Treasurer on all financial aspects.
- Must work with the Training Officer, Equipment Officer, Boat Officers and Dive Managers.
- Accountable to the General Committee on Branch related aspects of
- Must work with the General Committee.
The Diving Officer should hold at least the qualification of BSAC
Advanced Diver and ideally be a BSAC qualified Open Water Instructor