Farnes 2017 - all about the seals

Reports on our previous club dive trips and some of our day diving activities

Farnes 2017 - all about the seals

Postby Maria H » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Wow! I have been to the Farnes over a dozen times, and this was probably the most playful that I've seen the seals.

We did 3 dives with seals, plus some wreckage of the SS Coryton. Even Ged said that the seals were the highlight, and he didn't moan once about the limited rust!

Ben Burville had recommended this time of year, when the new pups are being born and last year's pups are at their most playful. He was right. Come along to the photo & video competition after the AGM on 8th November, and I'm sure there will be a few entries from this weekend. There are a few photos on the club Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Chorley304BSAC/?ref=bookmarks

We dived from Glad Tidings 8, skippered by William Shield, and stayed in 2 beautiful cottages in Seahouses.

A big thank you to Jan for organising her first weekend dive trip. You've set the bar very high, and we have great expectations for next year :D

Dive sites were Harkar, Shallow Harkar, SS Coryton and North Wamses.
Maria H
Diving Officer

Re: Farnes 2017 - all about the seals

Postby Mike Sivieri » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Two thumbs up for Jan for a great trip. Oddly enough, I found the best diving on the entire trip was had in standing depth water!
Mike Sivieri
Club Member

Return to Dive Trip Reports