Playing with scooters

Reports on our previous club dive trips and some of our day diving activities
Maria H
Chairman

Playing with scooters

Post by Maria H » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Just spent a fun morning learning how to use an underwater scooter with Gary Fell, who some of you will know from Twin Peaks Dive Centre in the Azores.

The main challenge is buoyancy control, especially with the rebreather, but it's a great way to cover distance without much effort. We did a full tour of the Delph (saw most of it twice, though that might have been navigational errors) with little or no effort.

If you want to have a go, please let me know and I will out you in touch with Gary. He charges £120 for the TDI course.

Short video on Facebook.

David Willman
Club Member

Re: Playing with scooters

Post by David Willman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm

I saw the video of Facebook and whilst it looked interesting I thought I saw a Police Sub trying to knock you off the scooters...
dressed in dark clothes , faces covered, no helmets, travelling faster than everyone else, you did look suspicious.

Maria H
Chairman

Re: Playing with scooters

Post by Maria H » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:10 pm

David Willman wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
I saw the video of Facebook and whilst it looked interesting I thought I saw a Police Sub trying to knock you off the scooters...
dressed in dark clothes , faces covered, no helmets, travelling faster than everyone else, you did look suspicious.
We thought no-one had noticed us mugging other divers :D