Chorley British Sub-Aqua Club
TRAINING AND DIVING
Informing the DO of Club dives
- Dives must be agreed with the DO in advance,
and a Dive Plan agreed with the DO. After the event, the Dive
Manager will submit to the DO a completed dive log and inform the DO
of any relevant occurrences
- The TO will be informed of any training that
takes place as per Club guidelines.
- Dive Leaders and above may run dives to
“nominated sites” without pre-agreement with the Diving Officer.
For these sites only, a Dive Plan and Log does not need to be
submitted to the DO, but the Dive Manager remains responsible for
adhering to Safe Diving practices. The dive sites currently
assessed as 'Nominated Sites' are The Delph and Capernwray. Generic
risk assessments for these sites are included in Club Documents on
- All under 18s diving must be pre-agreed with
the Diving Officer or Training Officer / Junior Coach.
- The opportunity will arise occasionally to
conduct diver training on an ad hoc basis (e.g., on a dive trip).
This can be carried out without prior consent of the TO, provided it
is conducted in line with BSAC standards.
- Theory lessons can be arranged on a 1-1 basis
to accommodate shift working or other commitments. Please agree
this in advance with the TO, who may decide to be in attendance.
- Upon completion of any training activities,
the relevant Instructor should provide details to the TO so that
Branch records can be updated.
- New experience should always be gained under
- Instruction to be carried out by Instructors
who meet the requirements outlined in the BSAC Instructor Manual.