Devil's Bridge Kirkby Lonsdale - two possible dates

Organising a day dash to somewhere other than the usual quarry? This is the place to arrange it.
Forum rules
Organising a day dash to somewhere other than the usual quarry? This is the place to arrange it.
Mandy Knott
Welfare Officer

Devil's Bridge Kirkby Lonsdale - two possible dates

Post by Mandy Knott »

Evening all

A dive I've not done for many years but a favourite local shallow freshwater dive that can provide some interesting fish and rock formations. And provides some good alternative experiences in depths of up to 7m max.

Viz can be variable as can depth depending on how much rainfall we've had and how much is coming down the river. This is a shore entry over some slippery rocks so care needed. There's a gentle drift - again depending on how much recent rainfall - and possibilities of trout and salmon, plus eels and small fish hanging around in the roots of trees along the river bank.

We go under the bridge so look out for bits that have fallen from people leaning over the bridge! I recovered some Ray-ban sunglasses once for a chap desperate to get them back!

We need to get there early to get parking space as it is very popular at weekends for daytrippers and bikers. There always was a public toilet - I cant verify this as not been recently. There's also a butty wagon turning a fine profit from visitors so if you forget your butties and flask you'll be covered.

Open to all divers qualified to be doing open water dives on the basis that we get enough dive leaders or instructors to take trainees in.

I'm going to be taking Anna and RJ in.

Dates - Sunday 7th August and Sunday 4th September.

Link to a short video showing you the dive here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANCOwYRxg7I
NB diver with twin cylinders ma have been over-doing it a tad!

Please reply below if interested and say what date(s), and your qualification.

Thanks
Maria H
Chairman

Re: Devil's Bridge Kirkby Lonsdale - two possible dates

Post by Maria H »

Hi Mandy
I’m up for this. 7th August should work, but not the September date.

Thanks
Maria