Red Sea 2023

Discuss your favourite dive locations that you have visited, or sound out places you would like to visit.
Once a Club Trip is confirmed and booked it can be moved into the Dive Trip Calendar forum.
Forum rules
Discuss your favourite dive locations that you have visited or would like to visit.
Once a Club dive is confirmed and booked it will be moved into the Dive Trip Calendar forum.
Mike Sivieri
Training Officer

Red Sea 2023

Post by Mike Sivieri »

Proposed Dive Trip.

Where? Red Sea

When? Late 2023

How long? 7 days on a liveaboard.

I’m proposing a week long trip on a liveaboard in the Red Sea. For those newer members who aren’t familiar with this term, it’s where you live aboard the vessel for the duration of the trip. The vessel in question is the MV Charlotte. Details of the vessel can be found here:

https://redsealiveaboard.com/

There are several routes to chose from but I’m proposing this one:

https://redsealiveaboard.com/tour/20-11 ... iran-tour/

(ignore the date, this is for description only)

This trip is intended for sports diver and above. However, there is plenty of time for ocean divers to upgrade to Sports diver.

I’m trying to get this run sometime in November 2023. That month has been set aside for pre planned maintenance of the vessel, but having spoken to the owner it’s possible that a week may be available in that month, but he would have to confirm that later. Failing that, it would be either the last week in October or the first week in December.

Prices. Currently for vessel only we are looking at @£830 per head, but if we book a group of 8 or more the price comes down to the region of £750 per head. For this we get full board and free nitrox, amongst other things. (see website for more details). Unlimited soft drink included in the price, but alcohol must be paid for at the end of the trip.

A major cost will be the flight. Everyone will be responsible for booking their own flights. A direct flight to Hurghada is highly recommended. Prices vary at the moment from £500-£650 with Tui, but apparently Easyjet are the cheaper option.

Other expenses are local taxes (100), visa ($25US) and tips for crew, at the end of the trip. Travel insurance is a must!!

Passports should expire no earlier than June 2024.

At the moment I’m looking for people who are seriously interested. Currently interested are :

Me
Graham
Anton
Peter
Mick
Emma
Anton Mooney
Jessica

No money required at the moment. Funds would be paid into the club in the first instance. Deposit to the operators would not be paid until next year, but once done so, anyone booked will be liable for the full amount as per club rules.
Faith, Trust, and a little bit of Pixie Dust!
Ian C
Committee Member

Re: Red Sea 2023

Post by Ian C »

Sounds good. Somewhere I have always wanted to go but never managed it.

Meant to be finishing work at the end of this year but possibly staying on now till next July or even next Christmas, but once you firm up a date I will see if I can make a commitment.
Mike Sivieri
Training Officer

Re: Red Sea 2023

Post by Mike Sivieri »

I've had a reply from the vessels owners about Egypt.

In November subject to flights, the first 2 weeks are blocked for individual guests or small groups just like yours so people feel comfortable with not having to commit filling the boat for the week.
Of course if this your aim then full charter is available.

Itinerary can be confirmed at a later date after consultation with your group, flights are not yet advertised for this period but we do check all the time for them to be advertised by the operators. ( We will flag you up !)

I assume you will fly from Manchester with Easy jet or Tui, please be aware that Tui are normally £100 to £150 more expensive.

Price for a Nth tour safari including, Ras Mohammed national park or Tiran straights and Ras Mohammed is £850 plus a harbour fee of £125 paid in cash on the boat.

The Safari includes 3-4 dives per day, free Nitrox 28%, 12 ltr tank and weights,
twin en-suit cabins with air condition, full board inc snacks soft drinks and beverages

The harbour fees include transfer to and from the airport, permission, coast guard fee, reef tax, national park fee, fuel levy.
(This charge is flexible because the government have a habit of changing prices at very short notice).

The only extras on board are for equipment, alcohol, courses, crew tips.

We do not force you off board at 9 am on return flight day unless 2 safari start days conflict then this is by mutual arrangement, and very rare occurrence.

I trust this is enough information for now please reply by email or call me for any questions
Yours faithfully Paul Cooper (Boat owner)

Based on the above, we can do any of the first two weeks in November. There are some who are dependent on school holidays, and while dates for late 23 are difficult to come by at this stage it should be possible to do the last week of October. I'm reluctant to consider earlier bookings than that due to the higher flight costs, but what do people think?

Current seriously interested list stands at 8:

Me
Anton
Mick
Graham
Peter
Emma
Anton Mooney
Jessica.
Faith, Trust, and a little bit of Pixie Dust!